LPA is seeking an Electrical Engineering Designer to join the team in Irvine.
- Report to Project Manager or Assigned Supervisor.
- Assist Project Engineers and Project Managers.
- Learn application of engineering fundamentals to engineering design. Prepare preliminary designs for Engineers' approval. Work independently on design projects in support of Engineer and coordinate drafting efforts on projects.
- Work from verbal instruction in addition to following design markups.
- Apply basic math principles in solving design level calculations and California Title 24.
- Prepare client communications: Transmittals, cover letters, memos, etc.
- Complete knowledge of office design and CAD standards, operating standards and all elements of specific discipline.
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural drawings, symbols, interior and exterior elevations, door and finish schedules, floor plans and equipment schedules.
- Familiar with Federal, State and Local Codes as required by the project.
- Be aware of what you don't understand; technically and otherwise, and seek appropriate assistance.
- Assist in site investigations to determine existing project conditions.
- 40 hours per year in training: seminars, college or university courses, trade school, in-house training.
- Provide project design, engineering and support for completing construction documents including calculations.
- Work extended hours (overtime) as required to meet project deadlines as directed by Supervisor.
- Complete any job related assignment directed by Project Manager or Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited 4 year program preferred
- Must have working experience in Revit.
- Ongoing education leading to certificates in industry recognized organizations or university level courses.
- Years of experience: 1-4 years preferred
- Active affiliations: Industry associations and organizations related to this discipline or related technical organizations such as USGBC
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers