At LPA we look at our ability to change our world every day on every project that we are involved in. We believe that great projects require us to be seamless in our response towards the creation of people inspired sustainable places and spaces. Our in-house integrated design teams are made up of industry leading architects, engineers and designers, whose work are producing projects that inspire, enrich and prove that great design and sustainability are exceptional partners. We currently have 6 offices, located in Irvine, San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, San Antonio, and our newest office has recently been opened in Dallas.
This is a unique chance to join the Inspired Design (ID) group within LPA. The ID team is a group of designers and technical staff that partners with project teams to make them run smoothly. ID manages network infrastructure, desktop computers, design software, research and development of new technologies and workflows and everything in between. As a Design Specialist you will be involved in project kickoff meetings and day to day support for architectural and engineering designers. From onboarding to training to lessons learned you will have a chance to engage with all project types and all phases.
The Design Specialist I is a critical part of LPA | ID, which partners with designers to inspire the design process through technology, workflows and digital tools. The Design Specialist I will be the first point of contact for designers experiencing an issue with design technologies. While collaborating with designers the Design Specialist I will have the opportunity to inspire and advance the use of building information modeling (BIM), computer aided design (CAD) and project information management (PIM) software. Collaboration with several disciplines, including civil, landscape, architecture, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low voltage in addition to other members of ID will be essential to the pursuit of LPA’s approach to informed design.
- Receive, prioritize and respond to requests for assistance with design software.
- Coordinate with other members of ID to help resolve technical issues.
- Foster a sense of partnership with designers to advance and promote design technologies.
- Host orientation and welcome process for new designers.
- Assist project leaders in completion of ID projects.
- Maintain software compliance.
- Document and communicate best practices.
- Coordinate outside training for design software as directed by other ID team members.
- Respond and resolve incoming requests for assistance on design technology related issues.
- Maintain and assist in developing CAD, BIM and Render libraries.
- Developing and promoting a partnership with designers across disciplines and offices through following and understanding standards and resources available at LPA.
- Support plotting and printing from BIM, CAD and PIM platforms.
- Conduct research and development focused on current workflow/software or through professional development that advances the partnership between ID and designers.
- Promoting the development of high quality building information models through coordination of model reviews and model maintenance.
- Engage with project teams for limited engagements on project specific work.
- At least 1-2 years of experience
- Knowledge of Revit, SketchUp and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Passion for and ability to promote BIM/CAD technologies and practices.
- Passion for great customer service.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and build relationships.
- Effectiveness in working with others and offering assistance when needed.
- Proven ability to thrive in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven ability to manage several projects and establish priorities.
- Ability to conduct limited amounts of travel.
- Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
- Experience supporting or practicing BIM in a medium to large sized firm.
- Superior knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Civil 3D
- Knowledge of other design software such as Lumion, vRay, Podium and Rhino + Zoo
- Knowledge of engineering software such as EnergyPro, Trace 700, AGI 32, etc.
- Experience with Newforma Project Center, Navisworks, AutoCAD MEP, SpecLink-e, Ecotect, Sefaira, Insight 360, EnergyPro or SharePoint.
- Knowledge of licensing hardware and software.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers