The Rundown: LPA is seeking a Structural Project Manager who will be responsible for leading a team in the design of major projects, including conceptual design, construction document preparation and coordination between design disciplines. You will be the leader of a structural engineering team in the initiation and execution of engineering projects for the firm. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to communicate with project teams, project staff and with our valued clients.
- Excellent leadership skills, both in guiding a team of technical experts and in inspiring building owners, architects, and other engineers.
- The ability to contribute continuously and meaningfully in a team of architectural and engineering design leaders.
- The ability to project self-confident expertise as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary design team.
- The ability to prepare structural calculations, create construction documents and coordinate design within an integrated design process.
- A proven ability to effectively delegate design work while maintaining a consistent level of quality.
- The ability to lead several project teams in completing complex structural engineering projects.
- A desire to actively engage in the development of processes and procedures to improve design quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve complex design problems.
- Participation in SEAOC or other professional organizations encouraged.
Education and Experience:
- Degree Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Sciences or Architectural Engineering with a focus on structural engineering required. M.S. in any of the above fields of study encouraged.
- Years of experience: 8 years minimum.
- SE license required.
- LEED AP or GA encouraged.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers