The Project Designer has the primary responsibility to generate, develop and present design solutions for specific LPA projects. The Project Designer will coordinate with the Senior Designer and/or Principals-in-Charge of a specific project to develop conceptual and schematic designs. The Project Designer will coordinate the design effort between architecture, landscape and interior design disciplines for the project.
After presentation to and acceptance by the Client, the Project Designer will work with and advise the Technical Design team during Design Development and Construction Documentation to ensure proper execution of the original design intent.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided for in the work plan.
- Project programming, codes, compliance, conditions and or other relevant research
- Conceptual Design
- Schematic Design
- Coordination with the Design Development Technical Design team
- Presentation of designs
- Perform other project-related tasks as may be approved or assigned by the Senior Designer, Project Manager, Project Director and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Perform other special tasks as may be assigned
The Project Designer has authority to perform complex design duties under the direction of the Senior Designer and/or Principals-in-Charge of a specific project. He or she may not, however, change the scope of work or deviate from any other part of the contractual document without Project Manager and/or Project Director approval. He or she coordinates design work of staff within the project team.
The Project Designer works under minimal supervision directly with various Senior Designers and/or Principals-in-Charge according to assignment. Helps in the development and mentoring of junior technical design and intern staff. Some client contact for project review. The Project Designer communicates with the technical design team to ensure a clear understanding of the project and project issues and promotes coordination and cooperation of the in-house project team.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design i.e. Power Point, etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for CAD operations.
- General understanding and knowledge of structural and MEP systems
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Strong ability to communicate project design concepts in written and graphic formats
- Degree from accredited school of architecture preferred
- Minimum 8 years of related project experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers