LPA is seeking structural engineers with 3+ years of experience to expand the structural design team. Candidates will be responsible for structural design of major projects including steel, concrete, masonry and/or timber structures, finite element modeling and analysis, preparation of structural calculations, creation of construction documents and coordination within the integrated design process.
Appropriate candidates will have 3+ years of experience in structural analysis and some knowledge of the seismic provisions of the California Building Code.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the general concepts of structural engineering analysis, steel and concrete design, building code requirements, and seismic design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Revit Structure required. Experience with one or more structural analysis programs (ETABS, SAP, SAFE, RAM, RISA) encouraged.
- The ability to read and understand structural construction documents.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team of architects and engineers.
- The ability to prepare structural calculations, create construction documents and coordinate design within an integrated design process under the mentorship and direction of senior structural engineers.
- Proven ability to learn and retain new skills and the ability to assume increased responsibilities as experience is gained.
Education and Experience:
- Degree Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Sciences or Architectural Engineering with a focus on structural engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification required.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers