The Rundown: LPA is seeking engineers to expand the structural design team. Candidates will be responsible for structural design of major projects including steel, concrete, masonry and/or timber structures, finite element modeling and analysis, preparation of structural calculations, creation of construction documents and coordination within the integrated design process.
Appropriate candidates will have experience in advanced structural analysis, in-depth knowledge of the seismic provisions of the California Building Code and the ability to develop detailed construction documents. Candidates should demonstrate creative thinking in resolving complex structural design problems as well as good communication skills and have a team oriented attitude.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team of architects and engineers.
- The ability to prepare structural calculations, create construction documents and coordinate design within an integrated design process under the mentorship and direction of senior structural engineers and project managers.
- Proven ability to learn and retain new skills and the ability to assume increased responsibilities as experience is gained.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve complex design problems.
- Participation in SEAOC or other professional organizations encouraged.
Education and Experience:
- Degree Requirements: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Sciences or Architectural Engineering with a focus on structural engineering.
- Years of experience: At least 3-7 years
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification required, PE license encouraged.
- LEED AP or GA encouraged.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers